Spelling You See Review
So.. What is Spelling You See?? Spelling You See is a Spelling program that uses copywork to teach spelling. They also incorporate visual aids by using highlighting of
I came across Spelling You See last year
The Level We used:
Spelling You See Level D: Americana
This program does not go by grade levels. Instead, they want you to place your child at his or her skill level. This level is I guess what you could consider a 3rd grade level. See where your child should be placed here.
**This review is based on our experiences using the curriculum for our 3rd-grade spelling program. Also, this post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure here.
Spelling You See Curriculum Review
Pros of Spelling You See:
- Teacher’s manual is easy to use and thorough!
- Directions are clear for the student and written on each lesson page. (So there won’t be any confusion on what to do.)
- Short 10 minute daily lessons.
- History lesson worked in with your copywork/spelling lesson.
- Good for visual learners. (highlighting chunks to stimulate visual memory)
- Helps with self-esteem (puts emphasis on the words spelled right, not the ones spelled wrong.)
- Uses copywork and dictation for practicing spelling skills. This is very Charlotte Mason friendly!
Cons of Spelling You See:
- A lot of writing is involved each day! (This may not be a con for some)
- Progress may not be noticeable for a while. (It just takes time to see progress sometimes.)
- 5 day week ( for those with 4 day school weeks )
Interested in learning more about Spelling You See??
You can watch my Spelling You See review on youtube here:
Note: When I used this curriculum, I was not for sure yet that my son had dyslexia. ( You can read our story here) This may have been the cause of our failure with this program. Now that I am becoming more educated on dyslexia and what I can do to help him, I can see where we went wrong here.