Capsule Wardrobe for Boys
It’s getting that time of the year when I need to restock the closets! Summer is gone and the boys have grown out of their clothes from last Fall. Now comes the fun…creating a capsule wardrobe for boys! Boys are so easy to shop for and dress. I have 2 boys and 2 girls, and while I enjoy picking out super adorable clothes for my girls, it is much easier to shop for my boys. Simple does it!
Last year I started getting really serious about this capsule wardrobe thing. There were overwhelming amounts of clothes in my children’s closets and that equalled CRAZY amounts of laundry. So, I went through their closets and weeded out the clothes that weren’t being worn and only left staple pieces that could be mixed and matched. What I was left with became their first capsule wardrobe!
I have a few ideas in mind for what this Fall’s wardrobe will look like. I am going to share them with you today. Plus, I will share my favorite places to shop to get the best deals on clothes for kids. Afterall, I do have 4 kids to buy for!
(This post does contain affiliate links, you can read my full disclosure here)
At the end of this post I am attaching a freebie! A capsule wardrobe planner! Make sure you pick it up before you leave!
What you will need:
6 pairs of jeans +
1 pair of Khaki or colored jean
6 short sleeve tees
I like to pick 2 solids, 2 stripes, and 2 graphic tees. Occasionally we will end up with a few more T-shirts then we started with… and that’s ok. I just try my best to make sure that it doesn’t get out of hand. We go through the closets and weed out clothes every so often.
1 or 2 button down shirts
(I might throw in a polo or two for church.)
3 long sleeve tees
1 hoodie/ 1 light jacket
Simple Rules to Follow
- Make sure that most of the items in your capsule wardrobe can mix an match. This makes it possible to make a ton of different outfits out of just a few select items of clothes.
- Pick a magic number and stick to it!! (ex: 5 T-Shirts, 5 pairs of jeans…)
- Mix and match washes of jeans.
- Buy quality clothes!! This is SUPER important when created a capsule wardrobe! The goal is making sure that they last through the season or longer. Cheap clothing will not last. I have learned this the hard way!
- Stick with colors that they love! I tend to stick with blues and greens for my oldest because those are his favorite colors to wear. For my youngest boy, I tend to stick with reds and blues.
Tips to Making a Capsule Wardrobe on a Budget
As I mentioned above, buying quality is the best way to go. However, I understand that sometimes we need to cut back costs. That doesn’t necessarily mean that we have to cut back on quality! Here is the #1 way to make that happen:
- Shop sales! This is my #1 go-to. I look for the best sales, and I take advantage!
Where can I find some good deals?
Get up to 70% off using this link: 70% off at Crazy 8
40% off Regular Priced Items using this link: 40% off at Gymboree
You can shop a ton a stores with awesome deals
(plus you’ll get $10 when you shop through this link—>Ebates )
Grab your Boys Capsule Wardrobe Checklist:
Other posts you may like: