The Large Room – Pre Reading (Charlotte Mason Inspired Preschool)
Full printable 26 week preschool curriculum.
(You can get it printed and bound for a great price through The Homeschool Printing Company)
Free Planner Inside!
This curriculum is a Charlotte Mason Inspired program. We do not claim to be 100% Charlotte Mason in all areas of our studies, but most of the curriculum is based on the principles of education that Charlotte Mason set forth in her 6 volumes on education. It is meant to provide a thorough education while also providing peace in your homeschool.
Please only make copies for use within your own home. You have permission to print/copy/bind this curriculum at home or through a professional service within the guidelines mentioned above.
“The question is not, — how much does the youth know? when he has finished his education — but how much does he care? and about how many orders of things does he care? In fact, how large is the room in which he finds his feet set? and, therefore, how full is the life he has before him?” ― Charlotte Mason
This is a comprehensive preschool level curriculum.
- Math : Number recognition, counting, simple addition facts (doubles to 5 & adding 0 & 1), shapes, colors,
- Beginning Reading skills: letter sounds and recognition
- Handwriting: Tracing numbers and letters and writing them, line tracing, writing their name, tracing basic words.
- Art: Drawing pictures, coloring, cut & paste projects
- Science: insects, trees, nature, mammals, birds, etc.
- Social Studies
- Bible: Memory verses each week & simple devotions.
Other things they will learn in Reading Prep:
- Cutting & Gluing Skills