Looking for some inspiration from homeschooling quotes? Here are 15 awesome homeschooling quotes every homeschooler needs to hear.
We all need a little bit of encouragement now and then. I love to read through homeschooling quotes whenever I’m feeling the need for some homeschool inspiration. It helps me to regain my focus on what this homeschool journey is all about.
It’s easy to lose sight of why we homeschool when you get caught up in the daily motions.
So… here we go!
This post contains affiliate links. Which means I may receive a commission if you click on one of my links. (At no extra charge for you.) Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. To read more about how my affiliate links work, click here.
15 Awesome Homeschooling Quotes You Need to Hear
- “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.”
2. “Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion has no hold on the mind. Therefore do not use compulsion, but let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to discover the child’s natural bent.”― Plato
3. “Self-education is the only possible education; the rest is mere veneer laid on the surface of a child’s nature.”
― Charlotte Mason
Also, read 10 Charlotte Mason Quotes to Inspire Your Homeschool
4. “Trying to get more learning out of the present system is like trying to get the Pony Express to compete with the telegraph by breeding faster ponies.”
― Edward Fiske
5. I suppose it is because nearly all children go to school nowadays and have things arranged for them that they seem so forlornly unable to produce their own ideas. ~ Agatha Christie
6. I homeschool my children not to prepare them for exams, but to prepare them for life. ~ Tamara L Chilver
7. Children may be more capable of competent self-directed learning than we give them credit for… ~ John Holt
8. Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school ~ Albert Einstein
9. It is the child who makes the man, and no man exists who was not made by the child he once was. ~ Maria Montessori
10. Children are born with all the curiosity they will ever need. it will last a lifetime if they are fed upon a daily diet of ideas. ~ Charlotte Mason
11. Do not let the endless succession of small things crowd great ideals out of sight and out of mind. ~ Charlotte Mason
12. Once upon a time, all children were homeschooled. They were not sent away from home each day to a place just for children but lived, learned, worked, and played in the real world, alongside adults and other children of all ages. ~ Rachel Gathercole
13. The institution of school, in its current form, is destroying children’s love of learning, and ultimately, their true sense of self as learners. ~ Grace Koelma
14. Grades don’t measure intelligence and age doesn’t define maturity. ~ Anon
15. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all ~ Aristotle
Your turn! I want to hear your favorite homeschooling quotes.
What’s your #1 favorite homeschooling quote of all time? Leave it in the comments.